Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Curling Iron

So I have to say when I first thought of spending my month in memories I feared I wouldn't come up with enough stuff......but the truth of the matter is I can't stop thinking about stuff.  There are a lot of crazy things I remember and some stuff just really funny.  Other stuff I wonder why I even remembered it......so random.  My next dilemma was where to start.  So of course I made a list and the list grew and the list was random and in no order. So that's where I will begin with the first item on my list.  And that item was the curling iron.  Really a curling iron was on the list of things you remember.  Hello, you can go to Wal-Mart, K-Mart........all the marts and buy a curling iron what's so memorable about a curling iron.  Well, I will tell you.  And yes this dates me......whatever!  So the first curling iron I remember was one my mother would heat on the stove.  I feared that thing.  Do you realize how hot you can get a curling iron by placing it on the stove....I don't know why I still had hair on my head after it was used on my hair.  Those babies got HOT!  It would freak me out because I knew I was going to get burned by it and I did on occasion.  This picture is much like the curling iron my mom used although I don't remember the rusty part.  Don't talk about my age after you read this please........if you can help it.
I don't think ours had those fancy handles.

You could get some pretty tight curls with that thing.
It pains me just to look at it.


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I've been waiting all day for this! When I saw your title I just laughed and knew just what you were going to say.
So funny ;)

Amy said...

That is one old curling iron... remember in Little Women when Jo cooks Meg's hair? That's what it reminds me of. I didn't know you dated back that far... ;)

Jessica said...

Little Women. Sorry, that was my first thought too! :) And to think I sometimes feel bad for having Rylee sleep in rollers... that thing looks like a torture tool!

Tiffany said...

Yikes that looks like something the enemy might use to torture people. Can't wait for the rest of the memories....