Sunday, March 27, 2011

Delivery

It is fair to say every Mother has a delivery story of one kind or another.  It is a memory we love to share.  It is one of those memories that well ….. lives forever. Who would forget it, who would want to?  It was for me one of the most magically and spiritual moments in my life.  I was blessed with easy pregnancies and quick and fairly easy deliveries.  We had girl, boy, girl, boy.  The girls are five years apart and the boys are 5 five years apart.  My delivery days were Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  Weekends just worked best for me; if you count Monday as part of the weekend!   One baby came one day late, one baby came three days late, one baby came 3 days early and one baby came right on time!   One baby came in the afternoon, one baby came in the morning, one baby came in the evening and one baby came in the middle of the night. With three babies I chose to give birth using no medications at all; first baby I didn’t know better.  For me it was so much better to rely on relaxation and controlled breathing for the pain. The experience, despite the pain, was extremely empowering and rewarding. Not to mention the quick recovery!  It is amazing to me that even now, many years later, I can still remember so many of the details of each delivery experience.  These are memories I hold near and dear to my heart. 
Special Deliveries! Special Memories!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

The days of the week of your deliveries ...what a cool pattern. Those details are already starting to get fuzzy for me with my babies.

Brittani said...

so fun to read it all, i think i need to record mine too.

Mike and Julie said...

I see your love of numbers again! Delivery memories do become part of you, don't they :-)

Rich and Brianne said...

I love hearing people's delivery stories. Such an empowering and wonderful moment of womanhood. Thanks for sharing these fun details about your stories!