Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stupid Cats

I'm not really a cat lover.  Never have been.  Sometimes I want to love them but they are just not loyal enough for me.  They don't need me and so I don't need them.  Not to mention they are too aloof for me.  But this memory is about a cat.  Not my cat but the office cat.  The cat's name was Sparky.  His brother is Surge.  Appropriately named for cats that live at the office of an electrical contractor don't you think?  So one day we realized we hadn't seen Sparky for a few days.  Then someone came to work and said they saw a now deceased cat in the road that appeared to be Sparky.  So myself and the other half of my brain went to check it out.  When we came upon the cat we too were uncertain of the identity of the cat.  We found a piece of cardboard near by and the other half of my brain scooped up the "body" and put it in the backseat of her car.  This is a true story.  I of course was gagging; it doesn't take much to make me gag.  Do you know how bad a dead cat smells.  Bad doesn't really cover it.  But we had to know if it was Sparky or not.  So we drove back to work (a couple of blocks away) with our heads hanging out the window.  Back at the office we laid the cat in the back of the building so we could have a quasi viewing. It. Was. Not. Sparky.  Sparky appeared later in the day.  Stupid. Cat. Sparky doesn't live with us anymore, he had issues. So he lives on a farm in Napa at last report.  Oh and the deceased unknown cat; its finally resting place the dumpster.  May it rest in peace!


Side Note: "How was work today honey?" "It was great, we scooped a dead cat off the road, then had a viewing for it in the back of the shop."  I Love My Job.......I really do!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

hilarious! this whole thing! When I was a little older we had a cat named Motor......bad name for a cat. He didn't survive our busy street for very long.

Unknown said...

LOL...Oh what a memory that is. I can almost feel the burning in my nose all over again....Just another day at MBE....Here's another MBE cat memory, remember Jackie falling through the ceiling in the front office?