Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Waist

So I didn't have this on my list of memories.  But there was a time I did have a waist, in recent years I’ve sort of lost sight of it.  So talking about it now does make it fall under the memories category.  This post isn't so much about the fact that I remember back when I had a waist as it is about remembering when you could buy pants that fit on your waist.  This is the deal.  Yesterday I asked Mr. Man to buying me a pair of sweat pants.  A simple assignment and one that I felt (as did he) was within the realm of his shopping expertise.  Simple sweat pants, nothing fancy.  Finding a simple pair of sweat pants it turns out is not so simple.  It took him three stores, but he had success or so he thought.  They looked right to me as well……..that is until I tried them on.  Hello what is with these low rise (as they call them) pants?  Why does anyone want low rise pants?  There is no comfort there for me, I feel like my pants are falling off before I barely get them on.  I’d show you a picture but this isn’t that kind of blog!  You all have an imagination but I suggest you don't use it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I agree. I need all the fabric I can get to hold in what once didn't need holding in...

SuSu said...

Well said!

Jessica said...

I keep my maternity clothes handy for when I'm really wanting to get cozy. Lot's of extra fabric there! And I love that they make me feel small. It's a win, win.

And really, is there nothing more entertaining then the stories of a husband coming back from a wife errand?! Love it!

Tiffany said...

LOL...I feel your pain. Walmart Hanes sweatpants $7.00 Kudos to Mr. Man for taken on that task, not many would.