Friday, March 18, 2011

Top of the Morning Officer

I don't know if this is a good thing to write about or not.  I certainly wouldn't want it to happen to me now just because I'm talking about it.  But this memory goes back to the very early days of the marriage.  Mr. Man was a police officer for the Ogden (Utah) Police Department.  I was on my way home from work this one particular day and for whatever reason Mr. Man and I were annoyed at each other.  I'm sure I was the one mostly annoyed at him for reasons that are unknown to me at this time.  Well, Mr. Man was on duty and took it upon himself to try to pull me over.  "Dude, I'm not pulling over.  Turn off the lights.  It's not funny. Not the siren............please. Turn off the microphone......don't call out my name.  I'm serious. Okay, I'm pulling over!"  And so I did.  I was not impressed by this little maneuver but the memory of it has never faded and always makes me laugh at the thought of it.  That was the last time I was pulled over by anyone.  And I hope to keep it that way!

6 comments:

Erin said...

That is a great story, it made me laugh.

Brittani said...

that is awesome! thanks for the smile!

Amy said...

I've never heard that one before. Good job Dad!

Jessica said...

I don't think I will be sharing this story with Ryan. He doesn't need anymore ideas planted in his mind of why being an officer is the thing for him. What a fun memory!

Frankie, Michaela, Goy and Marion said...

Awesome!

Unknown said...

I love that story...always puts a smile on my face.