Monday, March 14, 2011

The Diaper Circle

So this memory is about diapers. Funny memory I know. So by the time I was a senior in high school I had become, annoyingly I'm sure, "green." It wasn't called "green" then you were just being "e-conscience." The "e" standing for ecology. It was all about ecology back then. It was really just a concept before its time. So back to this senior year in high school. My brother was born during this time and my parents were a month away from moving into a new home. Also, my mother was without a washer and dryer. Paper diapers, very primitive paper diapers, had hit the market. Horrors; all those diapers in our landfill. I would not let that happen so until we moved into our new home I took the cloth diapers to the laundry mat. Who was I?

So yes once becoming a mother I did use paper diapers from time to time; I had lost my “green” passion. But I will say the use of paper diapers was a luxury and used mostly when we traveled. And now I hear cloth is making a comeback and there is the circle.

Cloth
vs.
Paper


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I tried the cloth for about a week, that was about all I could handle even with a washing machine :0)