Saturday, March 19, 2011

Education

I started my illustrious education at a school name Harry Dewey Elementary School.  My kindergarten teacher’s name was Mrs. Ketchup; I don’t know if it was spelled like that, but that’s what I remember.  She drove a blue Studebaker; that I do remember.  She use to tell us she was always afraid to drive next to a logging truck for fear a log would fall off and crush her; why I remember that I don’t know.  But I do think of her everytime we drive by a logging truck.  The other part of this memory is that I walked to school by myself; I had shoes on, there was no snow involved nor were there any hills to climb.  But I was five and school was a half a mile away, from the street I lived on I had to go on four different streets before arriving at the street my school was on.  Can you even imagine that?  Were those days really in my lifetime??  Don’t answer that.

School Mascot


2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my cow! That's a long way for 2 little legs.

Jessica said...

I'm sad my kids won't know those days.

So about your mascot...Tigers are cool. In elementary school we were the Gophers. What was up with that?! Lame.