Monday, March 7, 2011

Food Then

I remember food was a lot simpler back in the day or maybe we were fancy and didn't know it.  Either way remember when we called:

Sour cream, sour cream and not Crème Fraîche
or
White sauce, white sauce and not Béchamel 
or
Cream puffs, cream puffs and not Profiteroles
or
Green onions, green onions and not Scallions
or
Green beans, green beans not Haricot Verts

I wonder with these fancy names if kids sit up and eat their food better?  "Come on, honey you need to finish your Haricot Verts before you can get down from the table?"  I don't think so.

A bean is a bean is a bean!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

hey, I'd be willing to try anything to get my kids to eat their green beans....of course, I'd have to learn to pronounce these fancy words first!

Frankie, Michaela, Goy and Marion said...

Ditto!