Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Five Books

When I was younger.....really younger, under five younger I was all about why. Why this? What that?  My mom even purchased a set of books entitled “How and Why” just because my vocabulary was so full of why?  Well, why may have been my trade mark question as a child; but over time I have found that the “why question” is sometimes impossible to find answers to.  In fact I dare say even then the answers weren’t in those books.   Over time I’ve learned the “why” question usually keeps me stuck in an endless pattern of wonderment.  Why is like a not so happy merry-go-round I can't get off of. So my question isn’t why any more.  My question is what?  What can I do to help myself out?  What can I do to help someone else out?  What lifts me.  Why does not.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Russell is all about the why right now. Love his little working brain but it can be exhausting. Sounds like your mom had the right idea with these fun looking books. And all those pages didn't answer your four year old questions about the universe?! I love your merry-go-round description. And I love your new question of "what." Great way to approach life. Great word!