Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New State

One of the things I wanted to accomplish this year in all our travels is to go to a new state.  I have never had much of a desire (ok any) to leave these grand United States. I’ve been to 16 states and of those 16 states I’ve lived in 4. I travel a lot it would seem but mostly in small circles.

As I’ve contemplated the new state I want to conquer this year, my mind started to wander……….that’s what happens when you’re doing all that driving, there is only so much Mr. Man and I can discuss. All those miles on the road you have to think about something! In doing so, I’ve come to realize there is more than just the United States. There’s state of mind, state of the art, state of the union, state of the economy (let’s not go there), state of affairs, there’s out of state, the state bar…. so many states. But I’m thinking I like the idea of state of mind. This year of 2011 I can work on my state of mind. No travel has to be involved; I can do it at home. If I want to go somewhere with my new state of mind I can. The world is my oyster or something like that!

What’s your state?



1 comment:

Jessica said...

my state is stuck! :)