Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reading

I'm a lover of reading.  This can be problematic for me as sometimes it is hard to put a good book down.  Which in turn shortens my sleep pattern.  I can't go to sleep without at least reading a little something, something.  So in recent years my reading has been reduced to things like magazines or the Church News; where stories and articles are short.  Last year I bought Mr. Man a Kindle.....he's a big reader and I thought this would be perfect, we can cut down on the numerous paperbacks that are everywhere.  He loves his Kindle so much that I decided I would love one too.  So now we are a double Kindle household.  And I do love my Kindle.  I love that I can have a Kindle app on my phone or laptop too.  So if I don't have my Kindle with me, I can read whatever I'm reading on my phone or laptop; it even remembers where I am in my book. Love that feature.  This was not intended to be a Kindle commercial but I do love it and because of it I have started to do some real reading of books again.  With a promise to myself I won't read the night away........I'm disciplined like that!  So in the year 2011, I shall do more reading of good books.  If you have recommendations please send them my way.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I have to read before bed, too. And that place holder thing on the Kindle. That' s a serious selling point!

Amy said...

I have discovered that I can check e-books out at the library and read them on my Sony Reader. I am reading And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander right now... so good. I started yesterday, will finish today.

Rich and Brianne said...

I haven't decided if a Kindle is for me--I love the feel of the book! But it would definitely lighten my load. Just read These is My Words by Nancy Turner and The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Both fabulous. If you haven't already read them, I highly recommend! I also just finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, which I really enjoyed, and it gave me a whole new perspective about Autism.