Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Offense

There is a quote by David A. Bednar that I love and it goes like this:

"Certainly clumsy, embarrassing, unprincipled, and mean
spirited things do occur in our interactions with other people
that would allow us to take offense. However, it ultimately is
impossible for another person to offend you or to offend me.
Indeed, believing that another person offended us is fundamentally
false. To be offended is a choice we make, it is not a condition
inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else."

I love this quote more and more everyday and I try to live it and remember it in every aspect of my life.  It speaks to me; in so many ways it is freeing to me.  And in this year of 2011 I'm going to try even harder to make it my own!
 
Amen!

No comments: