Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Seed

I'm not sure where I read this. But in my effort to get that elephant eaten I came across this quote in one of my many stacks.  I know it was something I read recently but it something worth repeating for my sake.

"When a seed is planted in the ground it can stay dormant and remain a seed that never grows or produces anything.  Or it can take in the nutrients around it split open, send out roots and stem and grow into a flower or vegetable or fruit.  The important thing here is that in order to become something better, the seed has to give up being a seed.  Like the seed, we need to give up what we are in order to become something better.  People who cling to the old ways, their old habits, their old likes and dislikes, and remain forever in the boundaries of their comfort zone never grow into something better. So, let go. Let go of the past. Let go of the old you. Let the old you die and the new you come forth bearing wonderful fruit!"

In this year of 2011 I'm going to make a conscience effort to let go of old habits and step out of my comfort zone and let myself grow into something better.  It can happen.

2 comments:

Ashley Allred said...

Way to go mama! This is similar to a goal i have this year too! (you read my quote from my blog) That's how I want to treat the new year.

Mike and Julie said...

I know it's important to be a little better each day, but don't let go of all your old habits...most of them are good ones!!!